5 acre site – heavily developed industrial site including grain storage facilities.
Site located on an ecologically sensitive island surrounded by a river and a canal, both sensitive water sources. Domestic housing, commercial property and retail in close proximity to the site. Narrow approach road to the site. Tree protection, felling and maintenance.
Specific challenges :
- Demolition of structures in excess of 30m High located on a river bank forming the site boundary.
- Demolition of mill Building located directly over a water source.
- Decommissioning and removal of underground fuel tanks and interceptors.
- Remediation of existing contamination.
Noise and dust receptors likely to be impacted by the works.
Site encompassed by residential, retail & commercial units.
Buildings forming the site boundary requiring party wall agreements, encompassed by residential and commercial property. Major roadway
Other Sensitive issues to manage .
- Asbestos Removal
- Extensive environmental clean
- Pollution of water course.
- Pollution of ground conditions.
- Badger set onsite.
- Access required across site for waterways staff and existing residents.
- Major live services and retained sub stations to the site; supplying a large number of properties located offsite.
- Reduce level dig & installation of extensive piling matts.