SJB Plant Hire Ltd undertakes activities associated with role of Principal Contractor within the Construction / Demolition Industry. The Company is committed to delivering this service in an environmentally friendly and controlled manner by:
- Preventing Pollution
- Complying with current legislation and other requirements as applicable to the company’s environmental aspects.
- Implementing an Integrated Management System which incorporates the requirements of ISO 14001.
- Setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets to drive continual environmental improvement.
- Providing materials, resources and additional personnel as appropriate to implement the requirements of this policy statement.
- Controlling and where reasonably practicable reducing the consumption of raw materials and the production of waste.
- Developing the environmental awareness of employees through effective education and training.
- Communicating and ensuring that others who work for the company, such as sub-contractors, adhere with the company’s environmental policies and procedures.
- Monitoring environmental awareness of employees through effective education and training.
- Working closely with clients to ensure that their environmental concerns and requirements are incorporated within the company’s operations.
- Communicating the content of this policy statement to all employees and contractors and making it freely available to clients and other interested parties.
All persons fulfilling a management position within the company including Directors, are required to maintain high standards of environmental management throughout their areas of responsibility
All employees and contractors engaged by the company are required to adhere with the requirements of the company’s Environmental Management System.
All environmental management systems shall be reviewed at least on an annual basis including this policy statement